Re: Overtones and velocity factors

Hi dest,

which models exactly? any papers about them? : )

Models like the one used here:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/MyPapers/modact/modact.html

tend to optimize to very low coupling coefficients. However, ScanTesla likes higher ones. ScanTesla takes much more into account and optimized far better of course.

ScanTesla is here:

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/ScanTesla740a.zip

It can run simulations over "millions" of coil parameters "very very fast"... I am running it now for the SISG coil thing... I updated the documents of this nasty program a little here. But the code has not changed in almost a year.

It is one of the most powerful programs out there... But one of the most difficult to "explain"... It basically does MicroSim style coil models at "very high speed" searching for the "best" parameters...

I think you came on the list after it... You should check it out since you might like it ;-))

I think most folks get way totally lost by it... But it is one of my "secret weapons" ;-)))

Cheers,

        Terry