Re: SISG

Hi,

SCRs tend to have low dI/dT. If the current through them increases too fast, they die. Perhaps there are SCRs out there that would work though.

A zenor/SCR may work instead of the SIDACs for triggering.

We actually don't want the whole gap to turn off just because the current goes through zero. It needs to stay on hard for like 400uS regardless of the current or its direction.

Cheers,

        Terry