Re: Coil dimensions

Original poster: "Andrew Bonnell" <andrewbonnell@xxxxxxxxx>

I live in Cincinnati, Ohio.  What does OD stand for?

Thanks,
Andrew

On 5/27/06, Tesla list <<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx > wrote:
Original poster: "Dr. Resonance" <<mailto:resonance@xxxxxxxxxx> resonance@xxxxxxxxxx>

On coil diameters of 4 inches and above, always use a flat Archmedian
spiral. Sec OD to sec winding length should be in the range of 1:4
ratio. Usually procedure is to set approx 8-12 turns on primary and
adjust capacitance to match resonance point.  The equations for
inductance of flat spirals and resonance are in the Tesla List archives.

Where is your physical location --- city?

Dr. Resonance