Re: Continuously variable primary

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "K. C. Herrick" <kchdlh@xxxxxxx>

Uh, oh... That is >very< counter-intuitive! But then, I learned that stuff >50 years ago. I'm going to check it out pronto with the 2 spirals I made up yesterday.

KCH

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "David Thomson" <mailto:dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx><dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Ken,

> Is it not so that 2 oppositely-wound spirals adjacent to each
> other will result in near-cancellation of the resultant flux?

Actually, it is two similarly wound spirals adjacent to each
other that near cancel the inductance.  Oppositely wound flat
spiral coils increase the inductance.

Dave
All depends on which end you hook to which! Connect opposite ends of the "similarly wound spirals" and things will go well.

Ed