Re: Sold state IGBT disruptive coil spark gap idea (SISG)

Hi All,

I finally had time to do some more SISG work ;-)

I actually got the measured top voltage on the scope, ScanTesla, and MicroSim to all agree now:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/SISG-Wave.gif

Here is a strike to ground. Note how the energy in the primary is not drained and is actually able to "recharge" the secondary system some after a ground strike:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/SISG-GroundStrike.gif

The only real odd problem is that the firing in my system is very chaotic:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/SISG-Firing.gif

So I am no longer confident in the Freau numbers I gave before at all... It runs real good, but I would like it to be a stable 120BPS... Probably all the chokes, rectifiers, caps, etc. messing around with each other... The primary current is probably much higher than I thought which is good since the IGBT heating will be even less than expected ;-)

Cheers,

	Terry