Re: Grinding flats into motor to make syncronous help!

Original poster: striker754@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Terry,

I did some measurements, using the rotor diameter to flat size. Your ratio is about 3.8 with a 3.22 diameter rotor, and .85 flat size. My rotor is about 3.5 inch diameter. With a 3.8 ratio, that works out to 0.92 inch wide flat.

0.944" is the distance from outside to outside on those poles where the blue d is marked. http://theflyingbullet.com/motor/IMG_1769.JPG Basically the outside to outside distance of 3 of those poles.

Center to center distance over 3 of those poles is about 0.7" or so.

Should I do the 0.92" flats?

Hi Aron,

See the notes here too:

http://hot-streamer.com/TeslaCoils/Misc/sync_motor.txt