Re: Sold state IGBT disruptive coil spark gap idea (SISG)

Hi Terry,

Do you rectify your MOT and store energy in DC storage caps that feed a charging choke and Cp?? Or is the Cp the only DC storage. It looks like your BPS is around 280 if I count correctly. The chaotic nature is probably due to the same reason as what happens to a standard SG. Total voltage is sum of transient and steady state response. Maybe you need to have a larger Cp to lower the BPS to around 120 :-))

Gerry R.

The only real odd problem is that the firing in my system is very chaotic:

http://drsstc.com/~sisg/SISG-Firing.gif

So I am no longer confident in the Freau numbers I gave before at all... It runs real good, but I would like it to be a stable 120BPS... Probably all the chokes, rectifiers, caps, etc. messing around with each other... The primary current is probably much higher than I thought which is good since the IGBT heating will be even less than expected ;-)