Re: How much does aspect ratio of secondary really matter (is it all about K...

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
Hi Aaron,

The chief problems with low ratio coils is the inter-turn potential difference, the potential gradient along the secondary and the physical proximity of the toroid to the primary. These translate into insulation puncture, creeping sparks, and primary strikes, and a greater tendency to flash down the inside of the secondary. Other than those four possible disasters, there is no major problem. ;^)))

Matt D.