Re: Atomic Laboratories 71869 Tesla Coil

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx In a message dated 11/3/06 7:16:53 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

While it was apart I tried to measure the resonant frequncies with a scope
and signal generator.  The primary dips at 217 kHz.  The secondary dipped at
245 kHz.  I found the top ball was not electrically connected.  With that
connected the secondary dips at 236 kHz.  I wonder if anyone has any idea of
how to tune this coil.  Note the primary is encased in rubbery compound.

Thanks

Pete from Virginia

hi Pete,

Since streamer formation tends to pull down the secondary frequency, you are probably very, very close to where you want to be without additional tuning.

Matt D.