To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2006 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: MMC Capacitor testing Metalized polypropalene...

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Actually the Cornell-Dubilier brand is also mfg in China.  The boxes we
get are labeled China.

Dr. Resonance

They looked intriguing initially, but look at the small physical size as
compared to "good" caps that we use.  It's doubtful that these would be
suitable for anything beyond a small mini-coil.  And since the uF values
are rather on the high side, you can't use many parallel strings to
reduce the current per device.

But like most things, it's very possible that Chinese imports may one
day soon be competitive with conventional sources, so it's good to keep
an eye there!

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA