From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 06, 2006 8:56 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Good IGBT List?

Some semiconductor magazines will have articles regarding parts (good
parts vs. the cheap parts). It wasn't too long ago that I read an
article on a part where the manufacturer explicitly explained and
showed (with pictures) the difference between a good manufacturer
part and a cheap replica. It looks identical on the outside, but the
internal dies were like 70% smaller). I couldn't believe how poorly
the replica was made.

The familiar line "parts are parts" is not true in electronics. I
guess the term (equivalent or replica) means that it looks like the
original on the outside (but that's about it). I'm sure there are
true equivalents, but it may be worth an optopsy to be sure.

Take care,
Bart