Re: series of transformers for high voltage?

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunnikillr@xxxxxxx>

Hey Thomas..

the idea is wonderful but in reality the next transformer in line would have too much voltage applied to the primary windings and... there also wouldnt be enuf current to drive that second or thrid primary... each succesive transformer would have to have the primary winding rated for the increased voltage. To transfer enuf current to the final transformer, the first transformer would have to be very heavy duty on the output side .... so in the long run, why have 3 transformer cores? 6 different sets of windings? along with additional insulation ? just use one core 2 sets of windings ( one of which is alot of turns for hi volt usage) but thinking about it... as far as the number of winding turns go... it would probably be about the same if not more.... than a typical NST....

Scot D

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "Ryckmans, Thomas" <Thomas.Ryckmans@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hello,

I'm interested in Tesla coils and high voltage... Is it possible to use
a series of transformers to obtain high voltage, as in the sketch below?
>From what I understand of transformers, Vout=Vin * (n2/n1) *
(n4/n3)*(n6/n5) and with this wiring one would save on the TOTAL number
of turns. Something must be wrong - otherwise it would used!

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/serialtransformer.jpg

Thanks for your comments

Thomas