From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2006 11:49 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Coating theISG PIRANHA S secondary

Original poster: Davetracer@xxxxxxx

Terry, I read your description of coating your secondary, and I got
to thinking.

I was by Home Depot ("The choice of Tesla Coilers") the other day,
and they have a variety of materials, including various plastics. I
happen to know from direct experience that some of the 1/8" plastics
hold up pretty well as capacitors under a 12 Kv transformer.

What I'm wondering is this: If a more malleable plastic was used, and
rolled right onto the secondary, it could easily form 1/2 an inch or
an inch of insulation. It could also be glued along the way, forming
a pretty solid chunk of plastic.

The question is: Would this do any good whatsoever?

     Just a suggestion to toss into the pool.

     -- thanks,

     Dave Small