Re: Video of Green Monster in Action

Original poster: Kerry Ludwig <kilroy@xxxxxxx>

The sound worked fine for me.  Really nice video, but I must say...
hit's hard to judge the size of this coil without seeing it close up. I had the chance to go to David's a few months back, but unfortunately he was in the process of rebuilding his control cabinet and I didn't get to see it run. I did have occasion to see his Medusa coil run a couple of times in the past before she was dismantled. That's was also a very impressive coil. Also, only seeing the coil in person can you appreciate the time David puts into the details of everything he builds. Nice work.

David: Maybe I can get down your way again sometime and we can shoot it with my MiniDV camera. :)

Kerry Ludwig

Tesla list wrote:

Hi all,

I was just wanting to let everyone know that I
have now finally uploaded a 27 second video
clip of my Green Monster Tesla coil throwing
sparks all over my driveway ;^) I shot with my
Canon Powershot A80, so it's not the best video
quality and there's no sound but you can definitely
tell what's going on ;^) Thanks to Cameron Prince
for hosting my webpage and uploading the video.
Check it out at: <http://www.teslauniverse.com/members/drieben/>http://www.teslauniverse.com/members/drieben/
click on "Video clip of coil running" just under the
title at the top of the page. If you look close, you
can see a single racing spark on the secondary coil
in the last few seconds. That's a sign I was pushing
a bit more power than the RGS was comfortable
processing ;^0. It's right at 7 megabytes, so it may take
a bit to load, especially if your on dial-up. Comments
and questions are welcome.

David Rieben