Re: Tesla safe cars

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hardly a real comparison but here is my mini Tesla coil on my (late) Honda Civic. It only has 2 inch sparks but ran directly from the in car 240V supply. I grounded the antenna to the car as I couldn't retract it.
http://tesladownunder.com/Teslacar.JPG
Car still worked fine but no significant electronics in it to run it.
Sadly last year it finally became terminal at the age of 20 and I sold it for $30 to the wrecker. The poignant part is that they didn't even check to see if I had brought in a car when they gave me the cash. I have never gotten over this and don't have a car of my own now. My bicycle is my year round transport now and much better for my health. So I am really "green" now. Reduced CO2/NOX emissions and I contribute to the Ozone layer directly via my TC.

Peter

In the case of "weak" cars, maybe we should start
a "good and bad car" list ;o))   .....
I think the "Geek group" (?) was going to have a
small Tesla coil on a car hood.  But that was
probably on old "play car" as opposed to a
serious "cost a lot of cash" machine.  Might not
do the BMW in front of it much good though!!

Cheers,
        Terry