Re: another question

Original poster: Scott Kraus <plymouth_4406@xxxxxxxxx>

Ed,

I ran a 15 kv.neon I repaired unpotted at 165 volts input and measured output at around 9.9 kv. each side of center tap (no cap).It got warm but I didn't run it very long I was more concerned about the corona I could hear. I still have it and may try it again under oil. Made a good Jacobs ladder.

Scott

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: Ed Phillips

You can feed them a little higher voltage but not if the secondary is
unloaded. For instance I could get away with feeding my neons about
170 volts when I was charging my capactors. This gave me about 21,250
volts on the secondary."

1. How hot did they get running without anything connected?

2. Did you ever measure that voltage without a capacitor connected?
I've very dubious.

Ed

Sponsored Link

$420,000 Mortgage for $1,399/month - <http://www.lowermybills.com/lre/index.jsp?sourceid=lmb-9135-16417&moid=4116>Think You Pay Too Much For Your Mortgage? Find Out!