Re: Maxwell 37667 pulse caps

Original poster: Stan <wsmg@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hey Mike,

   Here's that link I told you about that I forgot to show you.
http://www.wackorama.com/tesla/maxwell_37667.jpg

Stan

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "MIKE HARDY" <MHARDY@xxxxxxxxxx>

Much has been descussed concerning the infamous 37667 maxwells.
I think the general consensus is that these are 1 pulse/sec caps, and
therefore are a bad choice for coiling. Many list members report
blowing them up. I bought 5 of them a few years ago in preparing
for my big coils. I ran a pair in series with an NST powered coil,
and had no problem, most likely because I way underrated them.
Anyway, since another 'new' coiler just purchased a couple, it might
be a good idea for Terry, to post a warning on the list index about these
caps, so more of us don't unknowingly buy these, only to blow
them up. What do others think?