Re: Parallizing...

Hi Chip,

Some have said that this would work OK. I have seen wiring diagrams for three variacs (A,B,C going left to right on your schematic) that use a ballancing choke between A-B, B-C, and C-A. I think without the third choke, there may be more mismatch between A and C but those that have done this could comment if it is significant. I will assume that your choke has the two winding on a common toroid going the same direction so common mode current causes the resulting flux to cancel.

Gerry R.

Original poster: "Chip Ford" <chipford@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

O.K. guys. I have a 15amp/section (3) Phase Variac. If I wanted to run all three of these in parallel, would the attached schematic be correct....thanks chip

http://hot-streamer.com/temp/Parallized2.JPG