From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sun 11/26/2006 9:34 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Liquid Layered Capacitors

Original poster: BunnyKiller <bunnikillr@xxxxxxx>

There are several problems with the design...

each "layer" of salt water would have to be of an opposite charge.. 1
layer +, the next - , then + again...etc. getting a conductor thru
each layer without shorting it out would be difficult.

if it could be done, the heating of the cap while running would "melt"
layers and mixing would occur, or most likely, separate and become
just one layer of saltwater and one of oil.

the dielectric constant of oils isnt that high to start with so you
would need a rather thick layer to hold off the voltages used in coiling.

which brings us to another problem, the thicker the insulating
material, the less effective the cap becomes thus leading to a rather
big cap to produce the voltage rating and the amount of farads needed.

the best bet is to take the time needed and save the money for a MMC
( multi-mini cap) capacitor.  If you go the route of trying to make
your own cap, you will spend 2 - 3 X the money trying to make one
that works...  you will blow up the first 2 or 3 home mades and thats
a fact!!  Buy commercially made caps, save yourself the cost,
frustration, and time of homemade caps...

Scot D