Re: unpotting of nst?

Original poster: "Andrew Cobaugh" <phalenor@xxxxxxxxx>

I would do as one other person said, run it until it dies. When it
does, you can probably take an air chisel to it and if you're lucky
you can salvage at least the core, and hopefully the primary. I did
that with a 15/30 transco and I had the perfect platform on which to
wind a filament transformer for a 4pr-1000a tube.

Unless there were some chemical that could dissolve the resin-like
potting and leave everything else intact....

Hi,

Never had a problem with Transco here...  The composite filling now
used in many transformers is indestructible and pretty much
impossible to repair.

Cheers,

         Terry