Re: Some first coil questions

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Do not wash it with water --- this is what you are trying to keep away from the coilform. Use alcohol or acetone to strip it inside and outside prior to coating it with a good sealer.

Run bottom lead inside the coil and then out via a 1/4 inch x 2 inch long brass stud. Have a nut in your base so it just screws into the base. Easy setup and teaddown for transport. Top lead stays outside the coil and slowly spirals up to attach to your toroid.

also good idea to put at least one 1/4 inch acrylic baffle in each end of the coil about 3-4 inches down. Silicone in place with a lot of GE Silicone II (hardware store).

Dr. Resonance

I have decided to go with a 4" diameter secondary for the increased inductance over a 2" pipe which was my initial plan.

My Pipe will be a nice washed, sanded and coated PVC pipe. What do you guys do for the secoundary coil's wire that should be attached to RF ground? how do you fashion this wire so that its clean and away from the primary coil? I was thinking of making a small circular table and have the pipe go down through about 4 inch and have the beginning of the secondary coils wire go through a hole in the pvc...down the pipe and have a thicker wire going through a cap at the bottom......and then hook that to RF ground....Im not sure.