RE: Question about capacitors for coil

Hi John,

I remember a list member from several years ago, from Denmark, stating that
the suggested windings of the aspect ratio be changed to err on the high
side - the original theory of wavelength somewhat discarded.  The repeated
theme I have seen here - is to avoid the tall, skinny coils, and favor the
shorter, fatter coils. However, there needs to be a qualification in this
reader's mind, of the ratio of the primary winding to the secondary
windings.

The general theme seems to be to get as much inductance into the primary as
possible; of course within a prime and reasonable window.

To this goal, finer wire, more secondary windings, and a larger top hat
capacitance (which is the only easily changed variable), allows for this.
Again, within resoundable limits.

My first coil, short of 40 years ago (tall and skinny failure btw), was an
out of the gate success do to the cool, modeling software online.

Many kudos and thanks go out to the authors!

It is a fine tweak between the DC resistance of the wire and the inductance
which brings us to reactance, impedance, and phase angles. I'll leave that
to our mathematicians :-)

Toward good success,
Jim Mora