Re: The Egg Works - Well, Almost

Cameron,

One thing I don`t get is, that you are winding on a toroidal transformer core. Such a core is speciallly good at keeping the flux of thewindings from escaping into the surroundings. It looks to me that this is the opposite of what you want really. I realise that this is the way Tesla did it, but if a spinning egg is the goal I think you would be better off with 3 separate coils at 120 degrees pointing into the center of the egg.

Cheers, Finn Hammer"

If the sense of the opposing windings is correct the flux doesn't flow through the core, but through the air between the two sides. Same principle as TV deflection yoke.
Ed