From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2006 10:47 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Stiff 24kv DC Power Supply, Filter Caps

Original poster: "Leigh Copp" <Leigh.Copp@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Power factor correction on the primary of your three phase transformer
can certainly reduce your input current, but only if the power factor
was low to begin with. If you power factor is near unity to start off
with, and you add correction capacitors, your current will actually go
up! (Your utility will be happy however).

Leigh