Re: Who will keep the torch moving?

Original poster: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
> The guy that runs the local neon shop wants me to
> design a "large" Tesla coil for him, and neither he,
> nor I have sufficient facilities to manufacture a
> 6", 8", or 12" secondary... we need a new source.

Just build yourself a winder; all it takes is some 2x4s and end bearings
(some don't even use those), threaded rod, and something to hold the spool
with (old section of grounding rod works well).  Lots of ideas for the motor
to drive it with; some have used a drill motor, I ended up using a blender
motor.  Toss in a footswitch and you're on your way.

I built mine on my workbench, wound the coil (six inchers), and then
dismantled the winder, saving the pieces for later use.

Jon