From: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>Tesla list
To: <mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 1:09 PM
Subject: Re: Model-T coil

Original poster: Ed Phillips <<mailto:evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>

If you want to remove all of the tar --put it in an oven (in the
garage) in an old baking pan. Space the coil up from the bottom with
wood blocks. TJ

Sounds like some work. I'll try cleaning up all contacts and points.
The secondary (so I have read) often burns out on these old coils.

Your help and fast responses are appreciated!

JT
Hilo "

    PRIMARY can burn out if contacts stick shut (maybe if capacitor
shorts although I've never seen that happen.  Usual symptom is that
the case is oozing tar.  You still haven't described the problem
(unless I've missed it).

Ed

AVIS D'INFORMATION CONFIDENTIELLE ET PRIVILEGIEE.
Si vous ne vous conformerez pas, donc je vous rappelle cela

Phn'glui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wagah'nagl fhtagn!