1939 Worlds Fair GE Exhibits

Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

I came across the following searching for information regarding a Tesla coil my Dad says he saw at the 1939 world fair. I didn't find the Tesla coil, but found what looks like a jacob's ladder with rotating electrodes. Not specifically Tesla related, but thought the group would enjoy:

Still pictures:
http://www.pmphoto.to/WorldsFairTour/Zone-5/090.htm

Video:
http://www.archive.org/details/Medicusc1939_3

It's a fascinating display, looks like it might be three phases arcing together? No sure what to make of it.

If anyone has any detail of a Dr. Moon at the fair, please let me know. Apparently he would stand on the top of his coil and let the streamers come from his fingers.

Curt.