From: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, October 21, 2006 7:03:49 AM
Subject: Re: 1939 Worlds Fair GE Exhibits

Original poster: Ben McMillen <spoonman534@xxxxxxxxx>

These are amazing..

I *think* I have an original black-and-white that
was taken of the exhibit.. I remember asking
about it on the list a few years ago to see if
anyone else could tell me what it was..

The photo is nearly identical to photo 089 (near
the bottom of the page) with the GE logo visible
in the back.. I'll have to see if I can find it (if anyone's interested)..

Coiling In Pittsburgh
- Ben McMillen

Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Original poster: "resonance"

G.E. had a huge Marx impulse lightning generator there. It produced
+5 million and -5 million Volts, so 10 million between the two 70 ft.
tall towers. My grandfather said it was so loud you could barely
stand to hear it fire.

They also have a 1 million Volt xmfr setup with AC power arcing
between xmfrs. A large series reactor controlled the current on each pri.

Dr. Resonance