Re: 10kva pole pig needed with 29kv primary

Original poster: FIFTYGUY@xxxxxxx In a message dated 10/22/06 3:16:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>If you reread, he said 30 kV, not 30 kVA. when fed 280 volts, two seriesed
>14,400 pigs will give more than 30 kV.

>>and for those new to the list..
>>the reason Im getting 30+KV out of this setup is
>> because I have the variacs wired for 280 vac total output, which
>> gives the piggie that extra boost...

My apologies to Scott. I misread his earlier clarification. Of course you can series two 14.4 kV pigs and get 30+kV out of them with suitable variac. Although I think we're still a little curious why he has insulation problems with his two pigs?

-Phil LaBudde