Re: Calling all TESLAPHILES GO see the new movie "THE PRESTIGE" (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:29:56 -0700
From: Ed Phillips <evp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Calling all TESLAPHILES GO see the new movie "THE PRESTIGE"

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

Also cool that the Tesla/Edison rivalry was significant to the plot.
Just wondering what to say to new List subscribers that no doubt will be
asking how to create a transporting device.  I tried it with my cat, but
haven't yet found where she turns up:
http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/cat.JPG

But seriously, while I would expect nothing better from a successful and
entertaining theatrical release, this is unfortunately the kind of thing
that fuels and perpetuates the loony Tesla fringe.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA"

    Cat must have been tranquilized!  (If the picture had been real that
is.  No cat I've ever had would have allowed me to get it within many
feet of something spitting fire like that - all the flesh would have
been gone from my hands and arms!)  As for the Tesla/Edison rivalry,
from what Seifer says in "Wizard" that seems to be pretty much urban
myth like so much Tesla lunacy, although of course Edison's fight
against adoption of AC is real enough.

Ed