Solid State Egg of Columbus Driver - Circuit Review Requested (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 21:44:09 -0700
From: Cameron B. Prince <cplists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Solid State Egg of Columbus Driver - Circuit Review Requested

Hey guys,

I finally put together a schematic for the egg of columbus driver I'm trying
to build. I based this on the inverter circuit and newsgroup thread I shared
with you all a week or two ago.

Here's the schematic:

http://www.teslauniverse.com/circuits/egg_of_columbus_driver.pdf

Disregard the part numbers on the MOSFET's. I'm still trying to find similar
N and P channel part numbers capable of 200V and 30A minimum.

The one area I am not sure about is the dangling CLEAR lines on the
flip-flops. The thread I derived the circuit from states:

"Ensure that all SET (CLEAR) and RESET inputs are connected to logic levels
that do not cause the flip-flops to be set or reset".

Is it me or does there not seem to be a bit of ambiguity there?

So if you logic gurus could take a look at this and tell me if you think I'm
on the right track, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Cameron