Geek Group Open House (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:07:33 -0400
From: Chris Boden <cboden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Geek Group Open House

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/archives/img/albums/uploads/open%20house/october_webflier.gif

The Geek Group is hosting an open house on 10-28-06. Everyone is welcome to
come check out the Kalamazoo facilities. Some of the things on display will
include.....

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/archives/img/albums/uploads/cradle/DSC05867.jpg
The world's largest Newton's Cradle (it's made with 15lbs bowling balls).

The latest upgrades to our Project Thumper were just completed and it's
sporting a brand new Pneumatic Gap and Blast plate. Thumper discharges 160
Electrolytic caps (each rated 450VDC/2000uF) at 80,000 Amps for some
ferocious discharges.

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/archives/img/albums/uploads/2006-10-24/DSC05817.jpg
There's the new Gap. The main body (and current handling bits) are made from
1" thick 5" wide solid copper bar.

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/archives/img/albums/uploads/2006-10-24/DSC05843.jpg
There's the whole system with it's ugly table (that's the next upgrade).

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/archives/img/albums/uploads/2006-10-24/DSC05847.jpg
And the happy new blast plate.

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/archives/img/albums/uploads/2006-10-24/DSC05854.jpg
The new gap with it's blast shield.

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/archives/img/albums/uploads/050/Nov-9-2005.jpg
The Air Raid siren will also be on operating display.

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/archives/img/albums/uploads/022/DSC01654.jpg
The Farnsworth Hirsch Fusor will be up and running.

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/archives/img/albums/uploads/093/DSC01643.jpg
The Geekmobile fleet will be on display.

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/archives/img/albums/uploads/2006-10-09/DSC04356.jpg
The massive Project Gemini coils will be on display (10' arcs indoors!).

http://www.thegeekgroup.org/archives/img/albums/uploads/038/Sep-21-2005-Wed-%2827%29.jpg
You can even get a sneak peek at the Project Zeus Tesla coil.

Plus all manner of other fun stuff. You can tour our facility and check out
the computer lab, the machine shop, everything is open to the public.

Show up with goodies or cash and feel free to swap and haggle for goodies in
our warehouse.

Everyone is welcome! Come and play and feel free to bring 50 of your closest
friends. Doors open at 2pm and stay open until 8pm.

Chris Böden
President
The Geek Group / Applied Intellect
www.thegeekgroup.org