Re: Lighting up my Pumkin orange (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:24:08 -0500
From: resonance <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lighting up my Pumkin orange (fwd)

Another great trick is to imbed some small plastic delrin rod in the pumpkin
with a needle thru the center of the delrin rod.  You can attach the HV wire
inside to the needles and the sparks emit off the needle points on the
outside --- not on the actual pumpkin itself.  Hot glue is affix the needle
inside the delrin rod.

In this manner you can run your pumpkin for hours and it won't burn up
because the sparks are actually coming off the needles not the pumpkins.

Leave the needle points stick out only 1/8th inch beyond the outside of the
pumpkin --- from a distance it will appear the sparks are coming off the
pumpkin itself.

We usually embed 6-10 needles in our pumpkins.  I leave the needle extend
1/2 inch on the delrin on the inside so I can solder some GTO silicone wire
directly to the needle.  Use 1/4 inch delrin rod stock with the needle
extending all the way thru the delrin.

This can be done to make great sparks from pumpkins, gords, even clothes
dressed up, ie, halloween type customes set on a stand like a scare-crow
effect.

Hope this idea provides fun for you Halloween Tesla coil experimenters!

Dr. Resonance