dual MOT Tesla coil design is complete (fwd)

Using JAVATC program, I recently finished a design for a Tesla coil using
two MOTs that
delivers a 7.5 ft long sec spark.  A pair of such coils could be
constructed to produce a 15 ft
spark between them if four 120 VAC circuits are available.

By using two MOTs you can run each from a different 120 vac circuit and
get 4.8 kVA power
(slightly under 20 Amps each MOT).  No heavy pole xmfr is required, no
heavy series reactor is
required, no expensive Maxwell caps are required (uses MMCs).  With only 2
MOTs whose secs are
series connected no heavy oil xmfr is required, and no noisy primary spark
gap or RSG is
necessary.

It is based on Terry's Piranaha coil (which used single MOT) and uses SISG
(IGBT) switching for
very low power losses in the spark gap (there is no spark gap).

I finished the complete design and look forward to building it next summer
when I return to WI.

If anyone would like a copy of the initial design info, contact me
off-list and I will email
you the sketches and JAVATC datasheet.

Many happy long sparks,

Dr. Resonance