To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2006 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: 40N60 IGBTs no longer available? (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 23:27:33 -0600
From: Steve Ward <steve.ward@xxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>

Josh,

Be careful about the package type.  I started the 40N60 craze (as far
as i can tell), and i used the SOT-227 (mini block) package.  The
40N60 still exists in TO-247 package.  I can not vouch for their
robustness in DRSSTC use, as i havent tried them.  With some care, im
sure they will work, but you probably cant punish them as much as the
mini-block type.

Be sure to get the ones with an internal diode, it saves a lot of
design work on the bridge.

Steve