Re: KVA Effects former Hipotronics pulse caps

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sep 2, 2006, at 8:23 PM, Tesla list wrote:

Hi all,

I have a question that I was hoping someone may be
able to help me with and maybe Jeff Parisse can address
it more directly. I purchase a couple of .1 uFd, 50 kV
Hipotronics pulse caps directly from Jeff a couple of years
ago, I believe, because Jeff was changing capacitor suppliers
and was no longer going to be using these particular caps,
so he sold the last 2 he had left to me.
Anyway,
if anyone could point me toward a source of some more of these
particular type of Hipotronics pulse caps, I would be most grateful.

Have you contacted Hipotronics, just in case?  It's not uncommon for
a manufacturer to make parts like caps in batches, which might not
have been the same number they sold to whoever they made them for
(KVA FX in this case).  When I was having caps custom-made for me by
PCI, they made them up in batches (20, I think he told me) larger
than I bought at one time (10), so whenever I called and wanted
another ten, they had them ready to ship.

I assume they have some kind of nameplate on them with a part number,
but if not, perhaps Jeff can give you the part number they were
ordered under.

I can't imagine any other way or place you'd get more of the exact
same cap.