size
 10 inches tall
1 3/4 inches wide
#26 magnet wire
i have no idea what the length is

I bought the wire at radio shack and had to use 2 small spools to complete it the wires were sanded and were put together but at some point i thought that this was the problem and seperated them. then moved my secondary up about half way. this made a huge (the term huge means that i got an arc out of the magnet wire with out the top load about 3/4 of a cm)

* dimensions of primary, number of turns, what sort of wire or
conductor used

I was using #12 wire at 8 turns with 6 inch diameter
but when that did not work i took thick magnet wire and wraped it around electrical tape on the secondary about 24 times. This seemed to work better
(i got a small arc instead a a spark)

* number and type of capacitors and how connected - series?  parallel?
20
6000v .015mdf
Sprague
in series

At some point i took some glass and 2 4in squares of tin foil and tried that (it worked better but in practical terms not a big change at all)

* type of spark gap and how constructed
2 bolts mounted in lexan or something with a large computer cooling fan sucking are through it the bolts are about .08 mm from each other (which is as far apart as they will go while still allowing a jump)

At some point i made a small rotary gap to see it it would work using a cd and small wires bend over it and then taped. Then i used brushes to make direct contact with them. This seemed to work alot better and was more consistant than the other gap so I have used it ever since.

* nature and dimensions of top terminal.
2 small pie tins welded together
about 4 inches in diameter 3 inches tall

*Some pictures of the parts and complete set-up wouldn't hurt either.
I dont have a digital camera or anything. But school starts soon so i could ask to borrow one. If you could see it now you would say wow what a piece of junk. I wanted to test it before i made it all nice and such but it is the way it is so i never made it look nice