Re: remote location of NSTs - away from coil base?

Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sep 6, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Tesla list wrote:

Hi Gomez,

The connection really isnt that critical since small amperage is
involved.

Yes, I know.  This is the fifth or sixth coil I've built.

The connector needs to have the proper spacing for the 20KV+
voltage it will have.  I bet a banana plug (with proper spacing of
course) will work just fine.  These things are good for like 3amps
I believe and I dont think you have a 14400 3 amp (43 KVA) PIG.
Alternatively, you could just bolt the cable to make the connection.

I'll come up with something.  This is mostly a cosmetic / convenience
issue.
I may just be forced to put the NST in the TC base as I have done in
the past.
At least then the control panel will be a lot easier to carry!

 - G.