Re: Strike "Targets" (was: remote location of NSTs)

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner" <k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Curt,

the link you followed is easier to click, if the blank in the name is replaced by %20:

http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/B&Wbei%20EinsteinBE.jpg

The strike target is simlply a stack of 3 big ceramic insulators, topped by a copper tube "antenna". The bottom end was mounted on an aluminium disk, which is not grounded. You can see it (without and with sparks) here:

http://home.tiscalinet.ch/m.schraner/Voltahalle1.htm

specifically:
http://home.tiscalinet.ch/m.schraner/voltaspark7204.jpg
http://home.tiscalinet.ch/m.schraner/07_02_4.jpg

it's nice, to observe the sparks, spreading from the bottom disk to the floor:
http://home.tiscalinet.ch/m.schraner/Aut_7210a.jpg

Best regards

Kurt

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: "C. Sibley" <a37chevy@xxxxxxxxx>

I followed a link to a photo of Kurt Schraner's coil.
I see a really cool strike target on the left that
makes a good show of it's own.

http://home.datacomm.ch/k.schraner/B&Wbei
EinsteinBE.jpg

Anyone have details of it's construction?

Curt.

Original poster: "Kurt Schraner"
<k.schraner@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Gomez,

perhaps no need to scrap the coax idea. For my big
B&W coil I solved
the problem by adding 2 series power resistors.

please see
http://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2005/Oct/msg00610.html

BTW: the braid of the coax should be shown grounded.
Please view in fixed font.

Best regards

Kurt

Tesla list wrote:
Original poster: Gomez Addams <gomezaddams@xxxxxxxxx>

On Sep 4, 2006, at 4:42 PM, Tesla list wrote: <snip>
I guess I will have to scrap the coax idea, unless I strip the
shield off, but the shield was half of the reason for using it - I
wanted to protect against secondary strikes to the HV lines from
the NST filter - "defense in depth"!

 - G.