Re: CONDUCTIVE PAINT/ADHESIVE?

Tesla list wrote:

Ed,

We have been having an extended thread on this subject. There are silver
based adhesives for surfacemount technology widely available. I have been
researching conductive graphite based 2 part epoxy with a resistance of 10
ohms/cm. DC Cox has some quality, robust black conductive paint for sale.
Contact me off list if you want company info on the epoxy. A fine powdered
aluminum mix may work if you have the time to experiment with it. Someone
else suggested the nickel paint used for RF shielding on PC plastic covers.

Regards,
Jim Mora

Jim:

I've been following the thread from the beginning, hence my question here. Thanks for the offer but silver epoxy is way out of the question from the standpoint of cost to individual builders needing just a smidgin. I have a ready source of information on all sorts of silver epoxy formulations at work (Northrop) since I work with the B-2 guys and every B-2 has many hundred square feet of silver epoxy paint on it and an unimaginable cost. As I just wrote in my note to Dr. R I eventually would like to find some place that sells something useful in small (say 5 buck or less) quantities. The stuff with 10 ohms/cm (is that in thin paint?) would probably be plenty low enough resistivity - I'll have to run some numbers on that. I think the material Dr. R has is somewhat higher but still might work.

Ed