Re: High speed Tesla spark photographs

Hi Gerry,

At 10:20 PM 9/17/2006, you wrote:
Hi Terry,

Cool. If you would like to do RAW, my camera can do that (Nikon format). It will be interesting to see if you have any ghosting with a conventional back silvered mirror. You can get reflections off of both surfaces if this is what you have. If that is a problem, one can get the glass aluminized on the front surface without too much cost.

I have "front" surface aluminum laser mirrors with SiO2 coatings right now ;-))

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/GlueingMirrors.JPG

The blue is the protective shipping film. Tricky to get off ! Now I have to try not to finger or scratch them!!

As far as I know, my old camera will do fine. I might add another big front surface mirror to give a better view angle. A "Rev.2" thing. The wooden body is cheap and simple to change at will :-))) If I run into a problem, we'll use your camera ;-)) I am concerned that I put the lexan shield at 90 degrees to the camera lens so it might reflect badly... But I'll give it all a try and probably chop out a whole new rev2 frame once the bugs are all found out.

My comment about multiple stacked images was in the context of stacking the same image to improve contrast and reduce noise.

The "spark" is a one time thing so I don't think it can be "stacked" really.

Let us know when you have pictures :o)))

I'll try to get something tomorrow. Have to go to a big funeral Tuesday... I need to mount the calibrator light source in there too still... I did mange to clean up the labs though :o)) It is coming together well now ;-)))

Cheers,

        Terry

Gerry R.