Re: Machining an Egg

Original poster: "Jack" <Jack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Interesting,

Could it be filled with cement, Hg (making it a 'non-interrupter') or something solid/semi-solid?

Dr. T

On 9/18/2006 1:55:13 PM, Tesla list (<mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>tesla@xxxxxxxxxx) wrote: > Original poster: "resonance" <<mailto:resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Not enough rotational inertial mass to make it effective and
> "stand
> on end" like Tesla did.
>
> Dr. Resonance
>

> >I've not been following this thread closely, so forgive me if I'm off in
> >the weeds with this.  For this application, is it critical that the
> >copper be solid or at least thick?  If the egg need only have a high
> >conductivity surface, how about covering a plastic Easter egg with
> >copper foil tape?  The edges can easily be soldered to adjacent strips
> >for a continuous conductive surface, and the solder joints can be plated
> >with copper by immersion in a copper sulfate solution for aesthetic
> >metallic continuity, or you can use Bondo and paint for a really smooth
> >finish.  Do they still sell Leggs pantyhose in the plastic eggs?
> >
> >Regards, Gary Lau
> >MA, USA
> >

> > > Original poster: <mailto:FutureT@xxxxxxx>FutureT@xxxxxxx
> here's the question.. does your egg have to be conductive or
> > >

> > > I once machined an aluminum egg for Harry Goldman
AVIS D'INFORMATION CONFIDENTIELLE ET PRIVILEGIEE