Re: Re:High speed Tesla spark photographs - odd sighting

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I am fairly sure it is a bunch of overlapping streamers. It is confusing when they overlap and the intensity doubles there and you lose the definition of the ring up parallel streamers.
Alternatively, you know who to call.....

Lots of odd details to be seen and explained when you get good pics.

Peter

Hi,

One of my high speed pictures caught something unusual. It was just a normal power arc:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/pictures/P920-01.jpg

But when I pumped up the brightness and contrast to see the lead up pulses, I see there is like a "cloud" of ions or something after the strike (time is increasing upward). 1MB picture since I did not want to loose detail.

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/pictures/P920-02.jpg

There is a little air streamer super imposed on the lower image while the shutter was open. Note the cloud that almost looks like smoke from the main strike. They are fairly bright and fuzzy so I assume some type of ionized cloud or something.

A similar strike does not show the effect:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/pictures/P920-03.jpg

A blank frame seems like the situation is clear of abnormalities:

http://drsstc.com/~piranha/PIRANHA/pictures/P920-04.jpg

So I think the cloud or whatever was real.

Cheers,

Terry