From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 10:05 PM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Homemade Caps are a Health Risk?

Original poster: "Jon Danniken" <danniken@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>Original poster: "Dave Halliday" This has morphed into a rant <grin>
>but I see people who say that they
>cannot afford something but when in reality, they could mow lawns, wash
>cars, do anything and within a few weeks have the extra cash to get what
>they need -- spending the same time they would be spending piddling away
>their efforts trying to cobble together something that will be a guaranteed
>boat anchor.

I probably won't build another glass plate or bottle cap for my TCs,
but when I did so I got a hands on perspective of the most
fundamental nature. Such a perspective is impossible to get as
someone who just buys parts and puts them together according to
instructions.

Sure, it isn't the easiest way, and it can take a lot of time to
"tool up" to a point at which you make your own components, but IMHO
the reward is more than worth it.

Jon