Re: Tesla coil on Ebay; 80-300' lightning?

Original poster: "Dave" <dgoodfellow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Everyone is talking about the spark discharge lengths in question, but no one is worried about how many un-dead the thing might produce if it gets into the wrong hands! The dangers related to coiling as published by the Tesla list even missed this one. It's a good thing that this coil can't control the weather, or power time travel devices like my coils can. :-)

Dave Goodfellow

To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2007 9:26 PM
Subject: Re: Tesla coil on Ebay; 80-300' lightning?

Hi Finn,

Not sure that I can even agree with you here, either.
80 inches I could accept with no questions, but not
300 inches - That's 25 feet or about 8 meters! Not
with 6.6 kVA, anyway. I do agree with you that it
does look like a Wysock built coil, though and that
price is probably about in line with what a truly "pro-
fessionally built" coil of this magnitude would cost.
Not many of "us" hobbiest would/could spring for that
kind of cash for a coil, though.

David Rieben