Re: 80' - 300' Lightning

Hi Shelton,

I use CSI pulse caps myself. Excellent cap manufacturer, but still, no matter how big the cap is, the remarks about the spark lengths are absolutely bogus. The coil just can't do that. The coil size couldn't handle the power even if you threw the needed power at it. The coil would need to be scaled by at least by 1 magnitude. The gap, top load, primary, power supply, etc.. are all not even in the same universe as what would be required to do those spark lengths. It's probably the dumbest thing I've ever read, but it is a very nice looking coil. Other than the ignorant spark length statements, it's certainly a nice coil.

Take care,
Bart

Tesla list wrote:

Original poster: "H.S. J." <hsheltonj@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,

I was looking up crazy capacitance caps, and I came across a company called CSI Capacitors that makes huge ass capacitors.

<http://www.csicapacitors.com/index.asp>http://www.csicapacitors.com/index.asp

It is possible that this guy has one of those babes stored in his cabinet 'o doom but, who knows.

Like Bill said, his RSG was only able to handle small ammounts of power because it was an older model.

So, Bill...Was that cabinet able to hold one of them huge caps in the crevases there or, no?

-Shelton

It's here! Your new message!
Get <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49938/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/>new email alerts with the free <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49938/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/>Yahoo! Toolbar.