micro magnifier

Original poster: "Scott Bogard" <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hey everybody.
Ok, I don't really know, exactly, how a magnifier coil works, but I think it acts like a normal TC (with oober coupling) and drives the "free resonator" at it's resonant frequency, kind of neglecting the resonance of the primary and secondary, so they act mostly like a standard transformer. Here is my question, could one use a ferrite transformer to drive a free resonator, like attaching a resonant driven flyback transformer to a teeny tiny coil wound with very very fine wire, to get higher voltage output? Is this idea feasible, or is my understanding of magnifiers simply lacking? Or would this work, but simply have no advantage, just increased impedance of the output? I'm just curious is all, thanks.
Scott Bogard.

Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft Office Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/