From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sat 4/14/2007 1:01 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Oil Dielectric Properties

Original poster: "Scott Bogard" <teslas-intern@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Antonio,
     I think Chris meant for the salt to be removed, and replaced
with some non-conducting oil.  But you spurred an idea, I may be
mistaken, but I believe water is a conductor, when it is liquid, but
to the best of my knowledge, ice is not.  Would it be possible to use
frozen distilled water as a dielectric?  Or does ice actually conduct
a little?  just curious.
Scott Bogard.

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Oil Dielectric Properties
>Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 22:44:50 -0600
>
>Original poster: "Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz" <acmdq@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>Tesla list wrote:
>>Original poster: "Breneman, Chris" <brenemanc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>>The salt could be poured out or dissolved with water, and the
>>container could be filled with a liquid dielectric, such as
>>oil.  Such a capacitor would be self-healing, always a useful trait.
>Salt conducts electricity. Worse with water...
>
>Antonio C. M. de Queiroz

Get a FREE Web site, company branded e-mail and more from Microsoft
Office Live! http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0050001411mrt/direct/01/