Re: Magnets

Original poster: gary350@xxxxxxxxxxxxx You missed the point I guess I should explain better. You should have seen the TV show. One thing they showed was medical magnets. It has been discovered that a magnet can make a broken bone heal faster in old people. Electro magnets and perment magnet pads are taped to the damaged area and the bone heals several times faster. It has also be discovered a magnetic field speeds up the growth of cancer cells. The TV shows showed a large round 15 ft diameter electro magnet designed to concentrate the magnetic field of dozens of magnets in the center of a circle producing a super saturated magnetic field in the center capable of holding a plasma in suspension. Don't ask me what that is I have no idea or what good it would be. Magnetic stuff is useful in the medical industry we can do things that were not possible 40 years ago. I remember them showing how to float an object with a magnet field I can not remember how that worked I wish I had recorded the TV show. There was a lot of other good stuff I bet if you do a web search you might be able to find it and down load it. They showed how magnets are made and magnitized I went to my shop and build a magnitizer. I took a tiny speaker magnet 5/8" diameter by 1/2 long and tested it. It could pick up about 1 lb. I zapped it with my magnitizer and found I could not remove it from a piece of metal even with a pair of plyers for several seconds. A magnet is capable of soaking up a magnetic field like a spunge soaks up water. The magnet has a half life of about 2 seconds. I attached the tiny magnet to a 500 lb lift and zapped the magnetic with my magnitizer the tiny magnet picked up a 250 lbs piece of steel for about 2 seconds. It would hold 100 lbs up for about 6 or 7 seconds. It would hold up 25 lbs for about 10 to 12 seconds. After about 30 seconds the magnetic power retuned back to normal. It has been several months since I saw the show I think I have forgotten more than I ever knew.

Gary Weaver