Re: ceramic capacitors

Original poster: "resonance" <resonance@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Losses and heating effects increase with increasing frequency. Go to Maxwell Capacitors (now General Atomics) and read their white papers on this topic.

Dr. Resonance
To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 9:58 PM
Subject: ceramic capacitors

Original poster: "Matthew Boddicker" <shmerpleton_town@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I have been looking for an aternative for
cornell-dubilier capacitors for a MMC and I was
wondering if anyone has any knowledge with high
voltage ceramic capacitors? My father is an
electrical engineer and he believes that the
dielectric should be able to with stand any
current as long as the capacitor has the right
voltage rating. He doesn't think that the
frequency of the circuit could have a damaging effect on the dielectric.

thanks,
Matthew Boddicker

Can't afford to quit your job? ­ Earn your AS,
BS, or MS degree online in 1 year.
http://www.classesusa.com/clickcount.cfm?id=866145&goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.classesusa.com%2Ffeaturedschools%2Fonlinedegreesmp%2Fform-dyn1.html%3Fsplovr%3D866143